Follow Us @jadephotographs

February 1, 2015

Preparing for substitute parenthood

A NEW Adventure

A few months back Pacer and I decided that we wanted to start the process to become Foster Parents. We had our first training yesterday at DHS. It was such an emotional, eye opening day. I have never really known anyone in foster care, or has been a foster parent. I have been living in my safe little bubble of a world. 

I guess the only word I can use to describe how I am feeling about this whole process is terrified. Not about the children that I will have in my home, not for the birth parents whom I will have constant communication with, not what others will think. But about whether or not I am going to be a better example, have loving arms to hold a scared child, will I have the patience? The unconditional love that these children so desire and crave? Will I be able to let them go at the end of their time? 
CAN I EMULATE MY SAVIOR?

I can only imagine how he felt when he had all the little children around him. How he looked into the sweet angelic faces and loved them with a love that is so difficult to comprehend. 
I want to love and care for these children. I want them to leave her feeling that they are not unwanted, unlovable, terrible children. 



No comments: