Follow Us @jadephotographs

January 21, 2015

Unicorns, squirrels, & sunflowers

AKA: Las Hermanas of Dayton II

 I served a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in El Salvador some 18 years ago. There have been times in those 18 years where I have felt like I was a terrible missionary, that I could have done more, had I just opened my mouth. Having to leave my mission early for surgery made it even harder for me to believe I was truly a valiant servant of my Father in Heaven. I have fought with these feelings over and over for years. But the Lord has opened my eyes and my heart. I have been able to be a missionary mama to so many hermanas. I feel so very blessed to have these amazing girls in my life. 
I could say wonderful things about every single one of these beautiful woman. I love each one of them so much. It breaks my heart every time one leaves us. But it has been so incredible to watch them grow into amazing woman. This gospel is so true. And I am grateful that I can be part of their lives, a shoulder to cry on and I can put a smile on their faces. 
Thanks to their mommies for raising such inspiring ladies. 



























 

No comments: