Follow Us @jadephotographs

October 12, 2011

YCAP Service project

So this is a little late. But I had to get the photos laid out nicely. McMinnville 1st Ward had a service project helping to plant the landscaping at the new YCAP building.
"For almost three decades, Yamhill Community Action Partnership (YCAP) has successfully reached thousands of low-income, senior, and disabled residents in Yamhill County through critical social service and transportation programs. For people struggling in poverty, or living one emergency away from crisis, we offer services that restore hope and change lives. In this process, the community grows stronger and becomes a healthier place for all of us to live."
 It was a really wonderful experience. It was literally the first time I ever planted anything. It wasn't as hard as I thought, but I'll tell you what I was not meant to wield a shovel. My arms hurt for several days.
My mom and I had the opportunity to share a little bit about our welfare system and our beliefs to a gentlemen that was not a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.











No comments: